In 2018, aside from the usual refactoring, bugfixing and the like:
- I added support for the fork() system call in the MoarVM backend.
- I removed the 'invokish' control flow mechanism and replaced it with controlled return address modification.
- I requested a grant from the Perl Foundation aiming to complete the expression JIT compiler with floating point support, irregular registers and the like.
After that, the first thing on my list is the support for irregular register requirements in the register allocator, which should open up the possibility of supporting various instructions.
I guess that's all for now. Speak you later!